Value of Occupational Science Literacy for Occupational Therapy Practitioners Module Objectives
- The purpose of the Value of Occupational Science Literacy for Occupational Therapy Practitioners Module is to provide a basic introduction to the field of OS and offer context as to why it is beneficial to US OTPs to gain Literacy in for practice in the field.
- Students will understand the purpose of learning about occupational science and the potential benefits familiarity with OS has to enhancing OT and Occupation-Based practice in the United States.
- Orient to current American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT), and Society for the Study of Occupation: USA (SSO: USA) formal commitments that integrate developments in Occupational Science with current US occupational therapy practice and professional goals.
- Critically reflect on past and current roles, challenges, strengths, values, and aspirations as an OTP in the US.
- Engage with multigenerational perspectives on the challenges and benefits of mid-career exposure to the field of Occupational Science in relation to occupational therapy practice.